Friday 29 August 2014

Photo Friday - 29th August



The other thing I did when I was in Prague was hunt out the fish and chip shop... There was a red telephone box in the middle of the restaurant, photos of the Beatles on the wall and Mr Bean playing on the TV. I was so thankful of this little bit of the UK in my holiday.


Storm's coming.


After my holiday week I spent an entire week where my focus was learning Czech. It was draining but so great to spend so much time learning Czech after a summer missing it. 


Coffee Heaven is a coffee chain with a lot of memories of sitting in Prague with friends. Sadly it's no longer in Czech, but it is still in Poland. So I was able to pick up some coffee beans and am enjoying the memories.


Thanks to my granny and aunts a couple of years ago I was able to buy this pot and I still can't believe I brought it over to Czech in a suitcase. But pots of colourful chilli remind me I'm so glad I did. 


This beautiful place is a 20-30 minute walk from my flat. I'm glad I live so close to greenness!


My little town has a little cinema with one screen that plans a random assortment of movies - sometimes they are current releases and other times it's a two year old movie. We went and saw the Disney movie Brave from 2012. It was fun to watch it in the Czech language!

No comments:

Post a Comment