Thursday 10 July 2014

The little car that made it home!



So, last you heard I was waiting in a McDonalds last Friday to hear the verdict on my car. Well, they cleaned a filter in Estonia and told me to drive at 3000rpm for thirty minutes to help the car clean itself. They told me it was fine to drive so drive I did - I drove five hours to a camp in Latvia.


Two hours in, on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, the "engine malfunction" warning appeared again.

But the car was driving fine so we continued to a tiny town and visited camp. On Sunday we drove the two and a half hours to Riga, with the car again driving fine.

On Monday another teammate helped me take my car in to a place in Riga. A few hours later we heard the news - I've a part that needs to be replaced apparently because it is full. It is a very expensive repair and it takes a while. They knew I wanted to drive back to Czech the next day so they made it so the car wouldn't realise there was a problem because it is safe to drive.

So, the little car drove fifteen hours perfectly fine (without even the engine light reappearing). Next week it will go to its regular mechanic here in Czech where I'm hoping the solution will be clear and will be less expensive than they quoted in Latvia!

No comments:

Post a Comment