Friday 7 March 2014

Photo Friday - March 7th



My socks on March 1st in honour of Saint David's Day.


March has been looking lovely so far!


When you ask a girl from Northern Ireland to pick her preferred paint choice and one of them is called "Saint Patrick" there is a clear winner.


Fun fact: having pancakes with sugar and lemon on Shrove Tuesday (the day before lent starts) is totally a UK thing! Well, the UK and Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Regardless, it was so fun to introduce this tradition to the office and convert the skeptics to the idea that sugar and lemon go really good on pancakes.


Another fun fact: flats here don't always come the way you'd expect them to. When I was looking around to find somewhere to live I was even shown one without any kitchen cabinets or even a sink! You're expected to do more and provide more for your home. So, my kitchen and bedroom here didn't have lights in the ceiling, just some wires. I finally got round to asking my pastor if he would come round and fit some lights for me and so now I'm no longer relying on a floor light in the kitchen, or my beside light in my bedroom!


Thursday involved making an appointment to go to the hairdressers. It was only my second time going since moving here but it went well!


What my work looks like some days - tea and a Czech cake, while video chatting with a co-worker from another country (in this case Slovenia) on one device while we work on a project together on our computers. Technology can be such a blessing in this international ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment